Monday 26 November 2012

Badab War, Astral Claws Tyrants Legion Centurion.

Here is my completed tyrants legion Centurion. He's a simple kitbash with a regular body. Company champion shoulderpads, apothecary head and veterans powerfist from the plastic command squad sprue. The stormbolter and backpack decoration are from the commander sprue (I have to say i stole the idea for the backpack decoration from john at 'johns toy soldiers' excellent tyrants legion - i seriously recommend his blog. Theres a link to it in the bloglist on this site).
Overall I'm pretty pleased with how he came out. Especially his posing, I can just see him stalking the corridors of a loyalist starship. I wanted to give him a slightly sinister look and I think the segmented company champion shoulderpads really make him and give him a hunched, malevolent feel
And a rear view, every Centurion worth his salt needs an auspex in a boarding assault. I will try and add a better picture (as i have done with the retaliator squad) when there is some daylight when I'm not at work!
Now I just need to hurry up and finish the legion cohort and I'll actually getting somewhere with this mini project.

2 comments:

  1. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far! Even if you are putting together a renegade force ;)

    One question on him, though. Did you drill out the bolter barrels, or paint them in? I can't tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much....although im sure he wouldnt appriciate being called a renegade! (More of a tithe dodger!) I'm afraid they're only painted on. Thinking about it I probably should of made the extra effort being as he's my commander.

    ReplyDelete